Photographing Plymouth

Post date: Sunday 7 February 2016

After a stressful few months, a lot of hours spent serving coffee and 7,000 words worth of essays completed, I decided to take a spontaneous trip down to Plymouth to visit Joe at university. I love Plymouth. I'll admit, the city centre isn't exactly a sight for sore eyes and on a wet day it's actually quite a bleak place but come rain or shine, The Hoe and The Barbican are both beautiful places to take a stroll. 



There's not a time that I've visited Plymouth when I haven't begged Joe to take me for a walk round The Hoe. Whether it's a beautiful day and we can stop for a drink at The Terrace Cafe whilst basking in the sunlight reflecting off the water, or there's a hurricane blowing and we almost get whisked away in to the sea; I just find it a very calming place to be.
Whilst the city centre itself doesn't host a lot of history, once you get down to The Barbican it's as if you've been transported in to a quaint little seaside Cornish town. Cobbled streets, fudge shops by the dozen, hundreds of docked sail boats and an adorable antique tearoom; strolling round the streets of The Barbican always makes me feel like I'm on a (very British) holiday. 












I hope you enjoyed this post, it's been a long time since I've picked up my camera just to enjoy taking photos and I love how some of these shots turned out; especially the last one of Joe. 
What are some of your favourite relaxing spots?
KJ

2 people left notes on Photographing Plymouth
  1. Such beautiful pictures! Great post. xx

    http://fashionckr.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Kathryn! Plymouth looks beautiful.

    http://jesandbleu.com

    ReplyDelete